- Atlanta Falcons safety Richie Grant suffered an ankle injury against the Buccaneers and did not return. Linebacker Adetokunbo Ogundeji also suffered an ankle injury.
- Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Patrick Mekari injured his hand against the Steelers. John Harbaugh said after the game that cornerback Marlon Humphrey is set to undergo an MRI for an unspecified injury, adding that it "could be a while" before he returns to the lineup. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Humphrey is suspected to have suffered a season-ending shoulder injury.
- Cincinnati Bengals linebackers Markus Bailey (shoulder) and Logan Wilson (shoulder) were ruled out against the Chargers. Cornerback Chidobe Awuzie suffered a foot injury.
- The Houston Texans announced quarterback Tyrod Taylor was evaluated for injury and cleared to play but was replaced by rookie Davis Mills against the Colts.
- Jacksonville Jaguars offensive lineman Brandon Linder (back) and cornerback Tyson Campbell (abdominal) exited early against the Rams.
- Las Vegas Raiders running back Kenyan Drake suffered a broken ankle on Sunday is out for the season, Rapoport reported. In his first season with Las Vegas, Drake was the team's second-leading rusher. Linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski (ankle) was also ruled out. Linebacker Denzel Perryman (ankle) exited early.
- Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa was ruled out after exiting in the first half against the Bengals to be evaluated for a head injury.
- Miami Dolphins running back Patrick Laird suffered a knee injury against the Giants and was ruled out.
- Minnesota Vikings wideout Adam Thielen was ruled out against the Lions with an ankle injury that NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports is a high ankle sprain. Pelissero added Thielen will undergo further testing to determine the severity.
- The New England Patriots announced linebacker Ronnie Perkins (illness) has been downgraded to out for Monday's game against the Bills.
- New York Giants quarterback Mike Glennon sustained a concussion against the Dolphins. Glennon started in place of Daniel Jones, who did not play due to a neck injury.
- New York Jets cornerback Michael Carter was evaluated for a concussion. Guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (ankle) did not return against the Eagles. Tight end Ryan Griffin (ankle) and wideout Corey Davis (ankle) also did not return.
- Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Patrick Johnson (back) and cornerback Steven Nelson (shoulder) were ruled out against the Jets. Running back Miles Sanders (ankle) was also ruled out.
- San Francisco 49ers running back Trenton Cannon was taken off the field in an ambulance after sustaining a concussion on the opening kickoff against the Seahawks. Cannon was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation, per the game's broadcast. The Niners announced he is in stable condition and will stay at the hospital overnight. Cornerback Emmanuel Moseley (ankle) has also been ruled out. Safety Jaquiski Tartt injured his hamstring. Running back Elijah Mitchell was evaluated for a head injury.
- Seattle Seahawks guard Kyle Fuller suffered an ankle injury against the 49ers. Safety Jamal Adams (shoulder) was ruled out. Defensive tackle Bryan Mone (knee) did not return.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Jamel Dean was ruled out against the Falcons after being evaluated for a concussion. Running back Ronald Jones (illness) did not return.
- Washington Football Team tight end Logan Thomas is expected to be done for the season after likely sustaining a torn ACL, Rapoport reported. Thomas will have an MRI to confirm. Thomas was injured when Raiders defensive end Yannick Ngakoue dropped down to avoid a Thomas block and took out the tight end's leg. Linebacker Khaleke Hudson (ankle) exited early versus the Raiders.
Bears HC Matt Eberflus: Taking over defensive play-calling moving forward is 'natural fit'
Bears head coach Matt Eberflus, in charge of a team that's already dealing with the crunch of an 0-2 start, hopes taking over as defensive play-caller helps alleviate some of that stress.
Dolphins WR Jaylen Waddle (concussion) questionable for Sunday's game vs. Broncos
Dolphins wide receiver Jaylen Waddle, who was a limited participant in Friday's practice, is considered questionable to play against the Broncos as he remains in concussion protocol.
Chargers RB Austin Ekeler (ankle) to miss second straight game
Chargers running back Austin Ekeler will be sidelined for a second straight game due to an ankle injury as he was ruled out on Friday for Sunday's Week 3 game against the Minnesota Vikings
Niners sign head coach Kyle Shanahan, general manager John Lynch to multi-year extensions
The 49ers announced Friday that they have signed head Kyle Shanahan and general manager John Lynch to multi-year extensions.
Packers' Aaron Jones (hamstring), Christian Watson (hamstring) questionable for Sunday vs. Saints
Packers running back Aaron Jones (hamstring), receiver Christian Watson (hamstring), tackle David Bakhtiari (knee), edge rusher Lukas Van Ness (elbow) and cornerback Jaire Alexander (back) are all questionable.
QB Anthony Richardson (concussion) out, Gardner Minshew to start for Colts vs. Ravens
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Anthony Richardson is not practicing Friday, putting backup Gardner Minshew in line to start Sunday versus the Baltimore Ravens.
NFL news roundup: Latest league updates from Friday, Sept. 22
NFL.com keeps you up to date with all of the latest league news from around the NFL. Visit NFL.com's transaction hub for a daily breakdown.
Eagles HC Nick Sirianni on balancing workload for RB D'Andre Swift: 'We're going to ride the hot hand'
D'Andre Swift played 58 snaps in Week 2, third-most in his career, and his 31 touches were his second-most in a game. The question for the oft-injured back is whether that sort of workload is sustainable.
Saints rookie RB Kendre Miller expected to make season debut Sunday: 'It just feels good to be back'
New Orleans Saints running back Kendre Miller is expected to make his season debut Sunday against the Green Bay Packers after missing the first two weeks due to a hamstring injury.
Kyle Shanahan: Brock Purdy's career night in 49ers' win over Giants 'definitely wasn't his best game'
Despite facing manic blitzes from Wink Martindale's defense, 49ers QB Brock Purdy finished 25-of-37 passing with a career-high 310 yards and two touchdowns for a 111.3 passer rating.
Daniel Jones on Giants' woeful first-half starts: 'We have to find a way to figure that out'
The New York Giants have been down by double digits in each of the three contests to open the 2023 season. "Yes, it's not what we're trying to do, so we have to find a way to figure that out," quarterback Daniel Jones said following Thursday's 30-12 loss to the Niners.