- Atlanta Falcons safety Richie Grant suffered an ankle injury against the Buccaneers and did not return. Linebacker Adetokunbo Ogundeji also suffered an ankle injury.
- Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Patrick Mekari injured his hand against the Steelers. John Harbaugh said after the game that cornerback Marlon Humphrey is set to undergo an MRI for an unspecified injury, adding that it "could be a while" before he returns to the lineup. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Humphrey is suspected to have suffered a season-ending shoulder injury.
- Cincinnati Bengals linebackers Markus Bailey (shoulder) and Logan Wilson (shoulder) were ruled out against the Chargers. Cornerback Chidobe Awuzie suffered a foot injury.
- The Houston Texans announced quarterback Tyrod Taylor was evaluated for injury and cleared to play but was replaced by rookie Davis Mills against the Colts.
- Jacksonville Jaguars offensive lineman Brandon Linder (back) and cornerback Tyson Campbell (abdominal) exited early against the Rams.
- Las Vegas Raiders running back Kenyan Drake suffered a broken ankle on Sunday is out for the season, Rapoport reported. In his first season with Las Vegas, Drake was the team's second-leading rusher. Linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski (ankle) was also ruled out. Linebacker Denzel Perryman (ankle) exited early.
- Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa was ruled out after exiting in the first half against the Bengals to be evaluated for a head injury.
- Miami Dolphins running back Patrick Laird suffered a knee injury against the Giants and was ruled out.
- Minnesota Vikings wideout Adam Thielen was ruled out against the Lions with an ankle injury that NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports is a high ankle sprain. Pelissero added Thielen will undergo further testing to determine the severity.
- The New England Patriots announced linebacker Ronnie Perkins (illness) has been downgraded to out for Monday's game against the Bills.
- New York Giants quarterback Mike Glennon sustained a concussion against the Dolphins. Glennon started in place of Daniel Jones, who did not play due to a neck injury.
- New York Jets cornerback Michael Carter was evaluated for a concussion. Guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (ankle) did not return against the Eagles. Tight end Ryan Griffin (ankle) and wideout Corey Davis (ankle) also did not return.
- Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Patrick Johnson (back) and cornerback Steven Nelson (shoulder) were ruled out against the Jets. Running back Miles Sanders (ankle) was also ruled out.
- San Francisco 49ers running back Trenton Cannon was taken off the field in an ambulance after sustaining a concussion on the opening kickoff against the Seahawks. Cannon was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation, per the game's broadcast. The Niners announced he is in stable condition and will stay at the hospital overnight. Cornerback Emmanuel Moseley (ankle) has also been ruled out. Safety Jaquiski Tartt injured his hamstring. Running back Elijah Mitchell was evaluated for a head injury.
- Seattle Seahawks guard Kyle Fuller suffered an ankle injury against the 49ers. Safety Jamal Adams (shoulder) was ruled out. Defensive tackle Bryan Mone (knee) did not return.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Jamel Dean was ruled out against the Falcons after being evaluated for a concussion. Running back Ronald Jones (illness) did not return.
- Washington Football Team tight end Logan Thomas is expected to be done for the season after likely sustaining a torn ACL, Rapoport reported. Thomas will have an MRI to confirm. Thomas was injured when Raiders defensive end Yannick Ngakoue dropped down to avoid a Thomas block and took out the tight end's leg. Linebacker Khaleke Hudson (ankle) exited early versus the Raiders.
NFL sends memo to remaining playoff teams regarding updated COVID testing cadence
In preparation for this weekend's Divisional Round matchups, the NFL has issued a statement to the remaining eight postseason teams regarding the updated cadence for COVID-19 testing.
Ravens part ways with DC Don 'Wink' Martindale
Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh released a statement on Friday announcing the team has parted ways with defensive coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale.
49ers' Nick Bosa clears concussion protocols, set to play vs. Packers in Divisional Round
49ers pass rusher Nick Bosa has cleared concussion protocols and is set to play versus the Packers in the Divisional Round.
Titans activate RB Derrick Henry off IR ahead of Divisional Round game vs. Bengals
The Tennessee Titans activated running back Derrick Henry off injured reserve on Friday and is in track to play in the Divisional Round versus the Bengals.
Chiefs RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire poised to return vs. Bills in Divisional Round
After missing the last three games, Chiefs RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire has no injury designation and is set to play in Sunday's playoff game versus the Bills.
Chiefs LB Willie Gay will play Sunday vs. Bills following Wednesday arrest
Coach Andy Reid told reporters Friday that LB Willie Gay will play Sunday vs. the Bills. Gay was arrested for misdemeanor criminal damage on Wednesday night.
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones noncommittal on Mike McCarthy: 'A lot to think about regarding these coaches'
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones isn't rubber-stamping the return of coach Mike McCarthy less than a week after a disappointing playoff exit.
Panthers expected to hire ex-Giants head coach Ben McAdoo as new offensive coordinator
The Panthers have their new offensive coordinator. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports the team is expected to hire former Giants HC Ben McAdoo as their new OC.
NFL injury updates, latest league news from Friday, Jan. 21
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tackle Tristan Wirfs and center Ryan Jensen, both nursing ankle injuries, will be game-time decisions on Sunday versus the Rams, per coach Bruce Arians.
Giants hire Joe Schoen as next general manager
The Giants have hired Bills assistant general manager Joe Schoen as their new GM, the team announced Friday.
Eagles HC Sirianni hoping he can convince Jason Kelce to return for 2022: 'I sent him two kegs of beer'
Nick Sirianni is hoping to convince Eagles All-Pro C Jason Kelce to return for his 12th season over the summer.