Coach Jason Garrett said Tuesday that Smith would be a game-time decision due to a neck injury. Smith did not practice on Tuesday.
Here are other injuries we're tracking on Tuesday.
- Texans receiver Keke Coutee (hamstring) is still day-to-day, but coach Bill O'Brien is hopeful he will play against the Browns. As for running back D'Onta Foreman (Achilles), O'Brien said, "I don't think he's all the way back." Foreman is in a 21-day window in which the Texans will make a decision if he will return to the 53-man roster.
- Steelers tight end Vance McDonald (hip) will be limited in practice, Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday. In other Pittsburgh news, tight end Xavier Grimble is in concussion protocol, linebackerBud Dupree has a pectoral injury that could limit him and defensive end Stephon Tuitt (elbow) and offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle) are expected to practice Wednesday.
- Saints left tackle Terron Armstead (shoulder) is not expected to play Thursday against the Cowboys, NFL Network's James Palmer reported Tuesday. However, Jermon Bushrod will continue to fill in. "You plug in a guy that Drew Brees knows extremely well in Jermon Bushrod, who remember [was in] two Pro Bowls, won a Super Bowl protecting that left side for Drew Brees several years back," Palmer said on Up to the Minute. "He thought about retirement, comes back in this role and now in this time that Armstead is out is able to fill in."
- Titans cornerback Malcolm Butler is in protocol due to a stinger and was checked for a concussion, Tennessee coach Mike Vrabel said Tuesday. Vrabel added he hopes to get receiver Taywan Taylor (foot) back this week.
- Defensive back Jimmie Ward was placed on injured reserve Tuesday by the 49ers. The former first-round pick broke his forearm.