Offensive tackle Sebastian Vollmer was the latest offensive starter to leave a game early. The starter was carted off in the first quarter of the Patriots' 26-20 overtime loss to the New York Jets and was almost immediately ruled out for the rest of the game.
It's never a good sign when a player is ruled out so quickly after suffering an injury, and Tom Brady and Co. would certainly miss their starting tackle's services should he miss significant time.
Here's the rest of the Week 16 injury news we are tracking on Sunday:
- Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck left the game and did not return with a shoulder injury during the second quarter of an 18-12 win over the Dolphins. Charlie Whitehurst replaced Hasselbeck and managed to finish the game despite suffering an undisclosed lower-body injury in the fourth quarter. Hasselbeck told reporters after the game he wasn't "super optimistic" about playing Week 17.
- Falcons defensive tackle Paul Soliai (calf) and wideout Eric Weems (concussion) did not return in the 20-13 victory over the Panthers. The Falcons gave the Panthers their first loss of the season.
- Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan (concussion) and wide receiver Kendall Wright (knee) both did not return in the 34-6 loss to the Texans.
- Bills wideout Marcus Easley was carted off the field with an apparent leg injury during the first half of their 16-6 win over the Cowboys. Easley was hurt during a punt return.
- Steelers cornerback Antwon Blake (back) and fullback Roosevelt Nix (foot) both did not return in the 20-16 loss to the Ravens.
- Browns running back Raheem Mostert (ankle) and wideout Marlon Moore (concussion) did not return in the 17-13 loss to the Chiefs.
- Bears tackle Eddie Goldman suffered an ankle injury and did not return in the 26-21 victory over the Buccaneers.
- Panthers running back Fozzy Whittaker was carted to the locker room with a right ankle injury. He did not return in the 20-13 loss to the Falcons. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports Whittake suffered a mild high ankle sprain and could be back for the playoffs.
- Jets wideout Kenbrell Thompkins was carted off the field with a leg injury and briefly returned in the 26-20 overtime victory against the Patriots.
- Rams safety Mark Barron, tackle Ethan Westbrooks and tackle Nick Fairley all were evaluated for concussions and did not return to the 23-17 win over the Seahawks.
- Packers tackle B.J. Raji (concussion) and tackle Bryan Bulaga (ankle) did not return to the 38-8 loss to the Cardinals.
- Vikings offensive lineman Matt Kalil suffered a lower leg injury in Sunday's win over the Giants. Star defensive lineman Linval Joseph hurt his toe and did not return.