The official injury report reflected something different from what the Jacksonville Jaguars earlier announced.
Cornerback Jalen Ramsey was expected to practice Thursday, but he ended up missing a second consecutive day with a knee injury. His continued absence from the practice field places his status for Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts very much in the air.
Jaguars head coach Doug Marrone on Wednesday expressed a "high-level of concern" over Ramsey's availability in Week 13. Ramsey could return to practice Friday, of course, but two straight days of missed work isn't a good sign.
The reeling Jaguars, losers of seven consecutive games, need Ramsey on the field when considering the upcoming opponent. The Colts have won five straight games behind quarterback Andrew Luck, who has thrown for 16 touchdowns against three interceptions in that span.
Meanwhile, wide receiver D.J. Chark (quadriceps) and safety Tashaun Gipson (ankle) missed a second straight day of practice as well.
Here are other injuries we're monitoring Thursday:
- Washington Redskins running back Adrian Peterson, who's been hampered by a shoulder injury, isn't practicing. Peterson re-aggravated his shoulder, which he dislocated earlier in the season, in last week's loss to the Dallas Cowboys.
- Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky (shoulder) is not expected to play Sunday against the New York Giants, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. Backup signal-caller Chase Daniel is in line to make a second straight start in place of Trubisky. He was limited on Thursday.
In other Bears injury news, defensive tackle Akiem Hicks (achilles), running back Benny Cunningham (ankle), and cornerback Sherrick McManis (hamstring) did not practice on Thursday.
- Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson said cornerback Rasul Douglas (knee) and running back Darren Sproles (hamstring) is "day to day", while safety Avonte Maddox, linebacker Jordan Hicks (calf) and cornerback Jalen Mills (foot) will be out longer.
Defensive end Michael Bennett (foot) did not practice Thursday. Linebacker Nigel Bradham (thumb), guard Brandon Brooks (ankle), defensive tackle Tim Jernigan (illness) and running back Darren Sproles (hamstring) were limited.
- New York Giants tight end Evan Engram (hamstring) did not practice Thursday, which could mean he won't play Sunday against the Bears. Defensive end Kerry Wynn (concussion) was limited for the second-straight day.
- Carolina Panthers cornerback Donte Jackson (quad), wide receiver Curtis Samuel (hamstring) and wide receiver Torrey Smith (knee) were full participants. Wide receiver Devin Funchess (back) was limited.
- The Cincinnati Bengals placed offensive tackle Jake Fisher (back) on injured reserve. Offensive tackle Andre Smith, who was released by the Arizona Cardinals on Monday, has signed with the Cincinnati Bengals and attended practice. Smith was drafted by the Bengals in 2009 and has spent eight of his 10 NFL seasons with the franchise.
Defensive end Carlos Dunlap (hip), offensive tackle Cordy Green (back), cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (shoulder) and linebacker Nick Vigil (knee) were limited in practice Thursday. Cornerback Tony McRae (concussion) did not practice.
- Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco (hip) returned to practice Thursday. Flacco has missed the past two games for Baltimore, and Garafolo reported earlier this week Lamar Jackson is expected to start again this Sunday vs. Falcons.
Safety Tony Jefferson (ankle) did not practice Thursday.
- Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay said he anticipates cornerback Aqib Talib (ankle) playing Sunday versus the Detroit Lionsbased on how he looked in practice Wednesday. McVay said running back Todd Gurley (ankle) also had a good practice and is expected to be his normal self this weekend.
- Kansas City Chiefs wideout Sammy Watkins (foot) sat out practice. Safety Eric Berry (heel) was limited for the second straight day.
- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (knee), tight end Rob Gronkowski (ankle/back), tight end Dwayne Allen (knee) and defensive back Nate Ebner (knee) were limited in practice.
- Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs (knee), cornerback Xavier Rhodes (hamstring) and wide receiver Chad Beebe (hamstring) did not practice. Wide receiver Adam Thielen (calf) and cornerback Mackensie Alexander (knee) were limited.
- Tampa Bay offensive tackle Demar Dotson (knee/hamstring) did not practice. Running back Peyton Barber (ankle/shoulder), linebacker Lavonte David (knee), cornerback Brent Grimes (knee), wide receiver DeSean Jackson (thumb), center Ryan Jensen (hamstring), defensive tackle Gerald McCoy (ankle/shoulder) and defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (knee) were limited.
- Denver Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall (knee) and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (heel) were limited.
- Green Bay Packers cornerback Bashaud Breeland (groin), offensive tackle David Bakhtiari (knee), tight end Jimmy Graham (knee/thumb) and wide receiver Randall Cobb (hamstring) were limited.
- The Arizona Cardinals placed offensive lineman Jeremy Vujnovich on injured reserve. Safety Budda Baker (knee) and linebacker Haason Reddick (neck) were limited in Thursday's practice. Linebacker Deone Bucannon (chest) did not practice.
- Houston Texas defensive end J.J. Watt (knee), wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins (foot), cornerback Kareem Jackson (groin), and wide receiver Keke Coutee (hamstring) were all limited in practice for the second-straight day.