Miami has been optimistic all week that wide receivers Tyreek Hill (quad) and Jaylen Waddle (groin) will be able to play today despite both being listed as questionable, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
Both Hill and Waddle are officially active versus the Jets.
The WR duo logged limited practices on Thursday and Friday in the lead-up to Miami's third AFC East game of the season. The Dolphins already hold a 2-0 record within the division thanks to earlier victories against the Patriots and Bills.
Hill and Waddle's presence is sure to be a comfort for the second-string Bridgewater as he looks to push Miami to a 4-1 overall record. They are the only Dolphins players with double-digit receptions through four weeks and have combined for 51 receptions, 858 receiving yards and five touchdowns.
On the defensive side, Xavien Howard (groins) is inactive vs. the Jets after being listed as questionable.
The Dolphins and Jets kick off at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday.
Other injuries we are keeping an eye on ahead of Sunday's Week 5 games:
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Rondale Moore (knee) is expected to play today against Philadelphia, Rapoport reported, per a source.
- Chicago Bears running back David Montgomery (ankle) is active against Minnesota.
- Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins (ankle) and tight end Hayden Hurst (groin) are both expected to play tonight against Baltimore, Rapoport reported, per a source.
- Cleveland Browns defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (ankle) is active against the Chargers. Clowney missed the last two games with his injury.
- Dallas Cowboys running back Tony Pollard (illness) and CeeDee Lamb (groin) are both expected to play today against the Rams, Rapoport reported, per a source.
- Detroit Lions wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown (ankle) is active against New England after missing last week.
- Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Zay Jones (ankle) is active against Houston. Jones missed last week due to his injury.
- New York Jets offensive tackle Duane Brown will start against Miami today barring a setback in warmups and is playing with a torn rotator cuff, Rapoport reported, per a source. The Jets activated Brown off injured reserve on Saturday.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Russell Gage (back) is active, while WR Julio Jones (knee) is officially inactive against Atlanta.
- Washington Commanders tight end Logan Thomas (calf) was ruled out against Tennessee today after undergoing pregame tests, Rapoport reported. Thomas was a game-time decision.