It appears the Tennessee Titans will have a key weapon against Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs today.
Wide receiver Julio Jones expressed optimism this week that he'll play despite being listed as questionable, and a source tells NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport that that is the expectation. He is officially active.
Jones has been battling a hamstring injury suffered in Week 3, missing two games before returning in Monday's win over Buffalo.
In four games this season, the former first-round pick from Alabama has 15 receptions for 263 yards and still looking for his first score.
The Titans (4-2) take on the Chiefs (3-3) in Nashville at 1 p.m. ET.
Other injury news we are keeping an eye on ahead of Sunday's Week 7 games:
- Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Chris Jones, who has missed the last couple weeks with a wrist injury, is expected to play against the Titans despite being questionable, a source tells Rapoport. He is officially active.
- Los Angeles Rams running back Sony Michel is listed as questionable with a shoulder injury, but head coach Sean McVay has said he expects Michel to play against the Detroit Lions.
- Miami Dolphins wide receiver DeVante Parker was listed as questionable with shoulder and hamstring ailments, and he is inactive. However, cornerback Xavien Howard (shoulder, groin) is active.
- New York Giants tight end Evan Engram (calf) is active for Sunday's game against Carolina. Wide receiver Sterling Shepard (hamstring) is inactive.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder, hand) didn't practice at all this week, but head coach Bruce Arians said he still has a chance to play Sunday's game against the Bears. A source tells Rapoport that there is optimism that he goes. Cornerbacks coach Kevin Ross will not be available, NFL Network's James Palmer reported. Defensive coordinator Todd Bowles will assume his duties.
- The Chicago Bears placed linebacker Caleb Johnson and offensive lineman Elijah Wilkinson on the reserve/COVID-19 list and flexed offensive lineman Arlington Hambright from the practice squad to the active roster.
- Green Bay Packers linebacker Preston Smith (oblique) and cornerback Kevin King (shoulder) are inactive against Washington.
- New England Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower (elbow/ankle) is inactive versus the Jets.
- Washington Football Team cornerback William Jackson (knee) is inactive versus the Packers.
- New York Jets linebacker C.J. Mosley (hamstring) is inactive against the Patriots.