Lamar Miller is getting another chance to revive his NFL career.
The New Orleans Saints are signing the veteran running back to their practice squad, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday, per Miller's agent Drew Rosenhaus.
Miller, 30, was cut on Aug. 15 by Washington, his home since the club signed him off the Bears' practice squad last December.
A Pro Bowler in 2018, Miller has yet to fully bounce back from a torn ACL he suffered during the 2019 preseason as a member of the Texans. Miller signed with the Patriots as a free agent following that season but did not make the 53-man roster.
Miller signed with Chicago early last season and was eventually elevated to the active roster in Week 10 after David Montgomery suffered a concussion in Week 9. He recorded two receptions for six yards and no carries in his one appearance with the team.
In New Orleans, Miller joins a room still searching to lock down a backup behind Alvin Kamara with Tony Jones (ankle) still on injured reserve. Should Miller acclimate quickly, a call up for the Saints' post-bye week matchup against the Seahawks on Monday Night Football wouldn't be out of the question.
- Buffalo Bills tight end Dawson Knox broke a bone in his hand in Monday night's game against the Titans, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. The hope is that Knox, who is having a breakout season, won't miss much time. Buffalo has a bye in Week 7.
- Tennessee Titans cornerback Caleb Farley is believed to have suffered a torn ACL against the Bills, Pelissero reported. An MRI confirmed that receiver Cameron Batson suffered a torn ACL, Pelissero reported. Batson was injured on a kickoff return just before halftime. Both were later placed on injured reserve. In regards to updates on Julio Jones, who re-injured his hamstring, Mike Vrabel said the team is taking it day-by-day. Vrabel also said "all signs" are pointing to offensive tackle Taylor Lewan entering concussion protocol after he was stretchered out of the game following a scary fall on his head/neck in the first half.
- Denver Broncos pass rusher Bradley Chubb walked out to practice without a boot on his surgically repaired ankle, NFL Network's James Palmer reported. Chubb has been on injured reserve since Sept. 22, the same day he underwent an arthroscopic procedure on the ankle. He logged one tackle in his only appearance this season (Week 2 vs. JAX). Coach Vic Fangio said Chubb's return is not quite around the corner. Fangio did say though that quarterback Teddy Bridgewater (foot), who was limited in Monday's practice, is expected to play against Cleveland. Bridgewater and tight end Noah Fant (foot) remained limited on the estimated practice report while running back Melvin Gordon (hip) was upgraded from limited to full. Offensive tackle Garett Bolles (knee) was upgraded from DNP to limited; LB Baron Browning (concussion) remained listed as a DNP. Also, linebackers Alexander Johnson (torn pec) and Andre Mintze (hamstring) were placed on injured reserve.
- The Baltimore Ravens announced that All-Pro left tackle Ronnie Stanley will undergo ankle surgery and miss the rest of the season.
- The Cleveland Browns officially placed running back Kareem Hunt (calf) and rookie linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (ankle) on injured reserve, sidelining them both for at least three games. The Browns also ruled out running back Nick Chubb (ankle) for Thursday's game against the Broncos. Quarterback Baker Mayfield (left shoulder) and linebacker Malcolm Smith (abdomen) were upgraded from DNP to limited on the team's estimated injury report. Receiver Odell Beckham (shoulder), offensive linemen Jack Conklin (knee), JC Tretter (knee) and Jedrick Wills (ankle) and cornerback A.J. Green (shoulder, groin) remained DNPs. Defensive end Takkarist McKinley (ankle) was upgraded from limited to full while DE Jadeveon Clowney (ankle, chest), defensive tackle Malik Jackson (knee), tight end David Njoku (knee) and LB Mack Wilson (calf) remained limited.
- The Indianapolis Colts placed receiver Parris Campbell (foot) on injured reserve.
- The New Orleans Saints designated linebacker Kwon Alexander, defensive end Marcus Davenport and receive Tre'Quan Smith for return from injured reserve, per Pelissero.
- The New York Giants placed left tackle Andrew Thomas (ankle) on injured reserve, per Garafolo.
- The Los Angeles Rams placed running back Jake Funk (hamstring) and tight end Johnny Mundt (torn ACL) on injured reserve. Both players are out for the year.
- The Carolina Panthers placed receiver Brandon Zylstra (hamstring) on injured reserve.
- The New England Patriots placed linebacker Chase Winovich (hamstring) on injured reserve, Garafolo reported.
- The Chicago Bears placed defensive back Deon Bush (quad) on injured reserve, and linebacker Robert Quinn on reserve/COVID-19.
- The Baltimore Ravens promoted running back Le'Veon Bell to the 53-man roster, and signed guard James Carpenter and linebacker Joe Thomas to the practice squad.
- The Cleveland Browns elevated practice squad running back John Kelly to the active roster.
- The New Orleans Saints signed free-agent guard Forrest Lamp to the practice squad, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
- The Washington Football Team is re-signing kicker Chris Blewitt to the practice squad, Pelissero reported.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed cornerback Rashard Robinson, and added recently waived receiver Jaydon Mickens to the practice squad.
- The Los Angeles Rams signed running back Buddy Howell and defensive back Donte' Deayon.
- The Chicago Bears are working out long snapper Mitchell Fraboni, per Pelissero.
- The Minnesota Vikings activated running back Kene Nwangwu from injured reserve.
- The Carolina Panthers signed punter Ryan Winslow.
- The Indianapolis Colts activated quarterback Sam Ehlinger from injured reserve, and elevated kicker Michael Badgley from the practice squad.
- The Miami Dolphins re-signed linebacker Vince Biegel to the practice squad.
- The Tennessee Titans activated safety Brady Breeze from injured reserve.
- The Arizona Cardinals signed defensive lineman Josh Mauro to the practice squad.
- The Chicago Bears signed practice squad defensive back Teez Tabor to the active roster, and added running back Chris Thompson to the practice squad.
- The Green Bay Packers signed linebacker Aaron Adeoye to the practice squad.
- The Las Vegas Raiders are signing veteran cornerback Desmond Trufant, per his agent.
- The Houston Texans officially released long-time defensive lineman Whitney Mercilus.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars released kicker Josh Lambo and offensive lineman Rashaad Coward. Lambo departs the club with the highest made field goal percentage in team history.
- The Green Bay Packers released cornerback Quinton Dunbar from the practice squad.
- The Minnesota Vikings released running back Ameer Abdullah.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers waived guard John Molchon.
- The Tennessee Titans waived punter Johnny Townsend.
- The Indianapolis Colts waived quarterback Jacob Eason and defensive tackle Chris Williams.
- The Miami Dolphins released linebacker Shaquem Griffin.
- The Baltimore Ravens released linebacker Chris Smith.