Montgomery, who suffered the injury during the Packers' Week 4 victory over the Chicago Bears, expressed hope he would play against the Cowboys. He said he was considering wearing a flak jacket and would be willing to play through pain, but it appears the Packers will take a cautious approach with their workhorse running back.
Here are the other injuries we're tracking on Friday heading into Sunday's slate of Week 5 games:
- Minnesota Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford said his problematic knee is feeling "much better this week than what it did two weeks ago when I was on the practice field." He was limited in practice Friday, and was officially listed as questionable Saturday.
- Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert (back), wide receiver John Ross (knee), running back Ryan Hewitt (knee) and safety Derron Smith (ankle) have been ruled out for Sunday's game against Buffalo. Eifert has been sidelined since Week 2 -- against the Texans -- after aggravating a back injury similar to the one that ended his 2016 campaign early.
- Carolina Panthers defensive end Mario Addison (knee) practicing for first time this week, as coach Ron Rivera indicated Thursday. Safety Demetrious Cox (ankle) and center Ryan Kalil (neck) are both out. Rivera, however, said Kalil "had a really good week." Offensive tackle Matt Kalil (groin) has been ruled questionable and Julius Peppers (shoulder) is questionable after not practicing all week.
- Dallas Cowboys tackle Tyron Smith (back) did not practice Friday and is questionable against the Green Bay Packers. Cornerback Nolan Carroll (concussion) and tackle La'el Collins (ankle) were full participants but are listed as questionable. Linebacker Sean Lee (hamstring) did not practice this week but is questionable for Sunday.
- Baltimore Ravens defensive tackle Brandon Williams (foot) has been ruled out for Sunday against the Raiders. Cornerback Jaylen Hill (thigh) is doubtful. Wide receiver Jeremy Maclin (hand), cornerback Jimmy Smith (Achilles), tight end Benjamin Watson (calf) and defensive back Ladarius Webb) (thigh) are all questionable.
- New York Jets defensive end Kony Ealy (shoulder), cornerback Daryl Roberts (hamstring), linebacker Josh Martin (ankle) and running back Matt Forte (knee/toe) are all ruled out. Defensive end Muhammed Wilkerson (shoulder) and cornerback Juston Burris (foot) are both questionable. Jets coach Todd Bowles said Burris injured his foot during practice on Thursday.
- Los Angeles Chargers tackle Joe Barksdale (foot) was a full participant in practice Friday after being limited Thursday. He is questionable for Sunday against the Giants. Receiver Mike Williams (back) was limited in practice this week but is ruled out. Running back Branden Oliver will not play due to a hip injury.
- Detroit Lions defensive end Ezekiel Ansah (knee) and linebacker Jarrad Davis (neck) were limited in practice and are both questionable for Sunday vs. the Panthers. Guard T.J. Lang (back) and defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (shoulder) both did not practice Friday and are ruled questionable. Linebacker Tahir Whitehead (pectoral) was limited in practice and is also questionable. Running back Amir Abdullah (ankle) fully participated.
- Seattle Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane (groin) and running back C.J. Prosise, who were both initially listed as doubtful for Sunday's tilt against the Los Angeles Rams, were downgraded to out on Saturday. Linebacker Michael Wilhoite (hamstring) is questionable. Offensive tackle Rees Odhiambo, hospitalized after Sunday's game with chest and heart issues, is set to play.