Wide receiver Sammy Watkins, who has missed the past two games with a foot injury, is out for Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. He was officially listed as doubtful. Rapoport added Watkins isn't ready to return and rest is the best option.
Coach Andy Reid told reporters Watkins "tweaked his foot" at practice Thursday and underwent an MRI. Watkins didn't practice Friday.
Benjamin provides depth as Watkins recovers, which could last through the rest of the month before the start of the playoffs. The Chiefs, who sit atop the AFC West with a 10-2 record, are currently positioned as the No. 1 seed with four games remaining on the schedule.
There are a host of weapons in Kansas City's passing game, which includes Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill and Chris Conley, among others. So, there shouldn't be a heavy reliance on Benjamin, whose disastrous tour with the Buffalo Bills came to an end earlier in the week.
The Chiefs close out three of the final four games at Arrowhead Stadium, beginning Sunday. Safety Eric Berry (heel) is listed as questionable for this weekend.
Other injuries we're monitoring around the league on Friday:
Quarterback Cam Newton (right shoulder), who was limited Wednesday and Thursday, was a full participant in Friday's practice and was removed from the Panthers' injury report.
"The doctors haven't cleared him for the game yet, but he was full participation today," Harbaugh said. "He was really, basically, full yesterday, I probably would have made him full. But we'll just have to see where we are at."
Safety Tony Jefferson (ankle) is doubtful to play, while cornerback Marlon Humphrey (groin), guard James Hurst (back), safety Anthony Levine (ankle), guard Alex Lewis (shoulder), linebacker Tim Williams (ankle) and cornerback Tavon Young (groin) are questionable.
- Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich says wide receiver T.Y. Hilton (shoulder) will be a game-time decision. He is listed as questionable. Defensive tackle Margus Hunt (knee) and defensive lineman Denico Autry (back) are also listed as questionable. Center Ryan Kelly (knee) is out. Safety Malik Hooker, who's been battling a hip injury, is off the injury report.
- Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Quinn said there's "definitely" a chance running back Devonta Freeman could return off injured reserve this season. "He's back and doing well, and we're just going to take it week by week," Quinn said. "We're not ruling anything out, for sure. We'll just see where he's at, but he's definitely made a lot of progress."
- Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden said linebacker Ryan Anderson (hamstring) and offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom (knee/ankle) are out for Sunday's game against the New York Giants. Linebacker Zach Brown (illness), defensive lineman Matt Ioannidis (shin), center Chase Roullier (knee) and wide receiver Josh Doctson (hip) are listed as questionable.
- Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict (concussion), offensive tackle Cordy Glenn (back), cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (ankle) and cornerback Tony McRae (concussion) are out for Sunday's game against the Chargers. Wide receiver Josh Malone (hamstring) was a full participant Friday and is listed as questionable.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver DeSean Jackson (thumb) will not play against the Saints, and defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (knee) is questionable. Safety Justin Evans (toe) is ruled out. Offensive tackle Demar Dotson (hamstring), cornerback Brent Grimes (knee) are questionable to play. Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy (ankle/shoulder) is off the injury report after being a full participant in practice Friday.
- Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard (knee) won't play against New England, while receiver Danny Amendola (knee) and center Travis Swanson (ankle) are questionable to play.
- Seattle Seahawks linebacker K.J. Wright (knee), guard D.J. Fluker (hamstring) and receiver Doug Baldwin (hip) sat out practice for the second straight day. Tackle Duane Brown (ankle) returned to practice.