Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Tyrone Crawford was carted off the field on a stretcher after suffering a neck injury one of the opening plays of Sunday's 27-20 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Crawford went down after replays showed his head made contact with the shoulder of Buccaneers center Ryan Jansen. Crawford was moving his arms and gave the crowd a thumbs up while being carted off. Players on both the Cowboys and Buccaneers knelt next to Crawford as he was being placed on the stretcher.
The Cowboys said Crawford suffered a neck strain and he was transported via ambulance to a local hospital for further evaluation. The team later confirmed Crawford was released from the hospital.
"Tyrone Crawford was released from the hospital and is at home. All tests were negative, and he will be re-evaluated by team medical staff tomorrow."
Here are the injuries we're monitoring from Sunday's Week 16 games:
- Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley is officially inactive for Sunday's game against the Cardinals because of a knee injury.
- New York Giants defensive end Mario Edwards (calf) did not return for the rest of the game against the Indianapolis Colts.
- Minnesota Vikings cornerback/punt returner Marcus Sherels did not return because of a foot injury. Cornerback Xavier Rhodes suffered a groin injury. Head coach Mike Zimmer said Rhodes' injury is not cause for concern.
- Houston Texans cornerback Kayvon Webster (thigh) and cornerback/safety Kareem Jackson (knee) were both ruled out. Receiver Demaryius Thomaswas carted off after suffering an Achilles injury.
- Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Kendall Fuller who was a game-time decision, is out against the Seahawks. Fuller, who was listed as questionable on Friday's injury report, is rehabbing from thumb surgery he underwent last week. Other Chiefs who are out for Sunday night are receiver Sammy Watkins (foot) and running back Spencer Ware (hamstring).
- Buffalo Bills linebacker Julian Stanford will not return after sustaining an ankle injury. Receiver Deonte Thompson was carted off the field with an apparent injury.
- Green Bay Packers cornerback Jaire Alexander sustained a groin injury and did not return. Receiver Equanimeous St. Brown was evaluated for a concussion. Defensive lineman Fadol Brown did not return after suffering a toe injury.
- Indianapolis Colts center Ryan Kelly (neck) and tight end Eric Ebron (concussion) both did not return.
- Carolina Panthers quarterback Taylor Heinicke exited the game for the locker room after suffering a left elbow injury. He later returned in the first half. Guard Trai Turnersustained an ankle injury.
- Detroit Lions tight end Luke Willson was evaluated for a concussion. Defensive tackle A'Shawn Robinson did not return because of a knee injury.
- Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict (concussion) and defensive back Dre Kirkpatrick(shoulder) did not return against the Browns.
- Cleveland Browns cornerback Denzel Ward sustained a concussion and is back in the protocol, head coach Gregg Williams announced after the game.
- San Francisco 49ers running back Matt Breida exited the game with an ankle injury and did not return. Receiver Dante Pettis (knee) is out for the remainder of the game. Tight end Garrett Celek (concussion) will not return.