Ertz, who piled up 853 yards on 75 catches last season, displaced a rib in the Eagles' season-opening win over the Cleveland Browns and is ruled out for Week 3. A timetable for his return was unknown, but Pederson confirmed with reporters Friday he'll be back next month. McKelvin (hamstring), meanwhile, is expected to return with Ertz against the Lions on Oct. 9.
Here are other injury notes we're tracking on Friday:
- The Minnesota Vikings announced offensive lineman Matt Kalil (hip) and defensive lineman Sharrif Floyd (knee) underwent surgery. NFL.com's Mike Garafolo reported Floyd will miss "about six weeks" after surgery to trim the meniscus cartilage in his knee, per a source informed of the procedure. Kalil had been ruled out for the season prior to his surgery to fix a labrum tear in his right hip.
- New York Jets coach Todd Bowles announced receiver Brandon Marshall (knee) and linebacker David Harris (shoulder) were limited in practice and are questionable for Sunday's game against the Chiefs. Bowles said Marshall will be a game-time decision. Linebacker Erin Henderson (foot) did not practice and is questionable. Receiver Eric Decker (shoulder) and guard James Carpenter (calf) practiced in full.
- Buffalo Bills receiver Sammy Watkins (foot) is questionable for Sunday's contest against the Cardinals and is expected to be a game-time decision. However, coach Rex Ryan expressed doubt he would play. Offensive lineman Cordy Glenn (ankle) did not practice and has been ruled out. Cornerback Ronald Darby (hamstring) and tight end Charles Clay (knee) both practiced, and Darby is listed as questionable.
- Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Prince Amukamara (hamstring), running back Chris Ivory (illness), center Brandon Linder (knee), defensive end Jared Odrick (triceps) and safety Tashaun Gipson (hamstring) were each listed as questionable for their game against the Ravens on Sunday. Offensive tackle Kelvin Beachum (concussion) has been ruled out.
- Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler (thumb) did not practice and is officially doubtful for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys. Defensive lineman Eddie Goldman (ankle) and running back Ka'Deem Carey (hamstring) are also doubtful. Linebacker Danny Trevathan, who had surgery to reattach a ligament in his thumb, was ruled out. Receiver Alshon Jeffery (knee) is listed as questionable, though he practiced Friday.
- Seattle Seahawks running back Thomas Rawls (shin) is doubtful to play against the San Francisco 49ers. Coach Pete Carroll said Rawls "hasn't been able to do much." Offensive lineman Germain Ifedi (ankle) and tight end Nick Vannett (ankle) were also doubtful, while receiver Tyler Lockett (knee) and running back C.J. Prosise (wrist) were questionable.