Kayvon Thibodeaux continues his top-five draft tour ahead of the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft later this month.
The Oregon product is slated to visit with the Detroit Lions (No. 2 overall pick) on Tuesday, then he meets with the New York Giants (No. 5 pick) on Thursday and New York Jets (No. 4 pick) on Friday, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Monday, per sources informed of the plans.
An athletic edge rusher, Thibodeaux is projected to be a top-five selection. Coupling this week's schedule with his visit to Houston (No. 3 pick) last week, he'll have met with four teams selecting early on April 28.
In three years at Oregon, Thibodeaux compiled 19 sacks and 84 tackles. In 10 games in 2021, he earned seven sacks and 12 tackles for loss.
- The Arizona Cardinals announced Monday that running back Jonathan Ward signed his one-year tender as an exclusive rights free agent.
- The Buffalo Bills re-signed offensive lineman Bobby Hart to a one-year deal, the team announced Monday. Hart split time last season with the Bills and Tennessee Titans. Over seven NFL seasons, Hart has played in 83 games with 67 starts, most of the latter coming with the Cincinnati Bengals and New York Giants.
- The Chicago Bears announced the signing of former Ravens cornerback Tavon Young to a one-year contract. The Bears also signed linebacker Matthew Adams, per the transaction wire.
- The Denver Broncos signed safety Kareem Jackson to a one-year contract, the team announced Monday. Denver also announced that linebacker Malik Reed signed his RFA tender to return to the team. The team also announced quarterback Brett Rypien and punter P.J. Locke signed their ERFA tenders and that the team has waived offensive tackle Cody Conway.
- The Detroit Lions signed punter Jack Fox to an ERFA tender, per the transaction wire.
- The Houston Texans signed running back Marlon Mack, the team announced Monday.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars waived linebacker Dylan Moses, per the transaction wire. Defensive back Andrew Wingard signed his RFA tender, per the transaction wire.
- The Las Vegas Raiders announced the signing of defensive end Tashawn Bower. The Raiders also announced the signing of exclusive rights free agents tight end Nick Bowers and safety Roderic Teamer and the waiving of offensive lineman Kamaal Seymor with a non-football injury designation.
- Minnesota Vikings kicker Greg Joseph is signing his one-year RFA tender to return the team, per his agent.
- The San Francisco 49ers announced the signing of wide receivers Marcus Johnson and Malik Turner to one-year contracts. The 49ers also released and re-signed defensive lineman Maurice Hurst to the same one-year deal he signed in March.
- The Washington Commanders and kicker Joey Slye agreed to terms on a two-year contract. Slye's contract is worth up to $5 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday.
NFL draft prospect visits
- The Arizona Cardinals hosted Purdue edge George Karlaftis for a visit last week, per Pelissero.
- The Atlanta Falcons are hosting Western Kentucky edge DeAngelo Malone for a visit Monday, per Pelissero. Pelissero also reported that Malone will visit the Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans and San Francisco 49ers. North Carolina quarterback Sam Howell will visit the Falcons this week, Pelissero reported. UCLA tight end Greg Dulcich is visiting with Atlanta Monday and Tuesday, Rapoport reported.
- The Buffalo Bills hosted Alabama wide receiver John Metchie on Monday and Metchie will visit the New England Patriots on Tuesday, per NFL Network's Mike Giardi.
- The Carolina Panthers are hosting Howell for a visit Monday and hosted Western Kentucky QB Bailey Zappe, per Pelissero.
- The Cleveland Browns will host Arizona State cornerback Chase Lucas for a visit this week, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Monday.
- The Green Bay Packers hosted Wisconsin tight end Jake Ferguson on Friday, Rapoport reported.
- The Indianapolis Colts are hosting Howell for a visit this week, per Pelissero.
- The New England Patriots will host Lucas and Arizona State LB Darien Butler for visits this week, per Garafolo.
- The New York Giants hosted Alabama offensive lineman Evan Neal for a visit last week and will host Michigan edge Aidan Hutchinson and NC State offensive lineman Ickey Ekwonu this week, per Pelissero.
- The New York Jets hosted Neal for a visit last week, per Pelissero. Pelissero also reported Monday the Jets will host Hutchinson and Ekwonu this week. Pelissero also reported the Jets hosted Florida State defensive end Jermaine Johnson last week.
- The Tennessee Titans are hosting San Diego State tight end Daniel Bellinger for a visit, per Rapoport.
- The Houston Texans hosted cornerback Steven Nelson on a visit, Rapoport reported per the transaction wire.