A pair of key Buffalo Bills players are sidelined as the team begins training camp.
Star cornerback Tre'Davious White will begin camp on the physically unable to perform list as he continues to recover from a torn ACL, coach Sean McDermott announced on Sunday.
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that it sounds like White is in a good place with his rehab. Though McDermott didn't get into specifics, the Bills coach said White is "on schedule." White suffered the season-ending injury on Nov. 25 during a Week 12 win over the Saints.
McDermott also announced that newly signed guard Rodger Saffold will start on the non-football injury list after injuring his ribs in a car accident. McDermott told reporters that he believes Saffold will return in "due time."
- The Houston Texans placed wide receiver John Metchie on the non-football illness list Sunday. Metchie announced that he was diagnosed with APL (Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia) and is unlikely to play during the 2022 season.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars are signing quarterback Kyle Sloter, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per a source. The team has since announced the news. Sloter most recently played for the USFL's New Orleans Breakers in 2022. The Jaguars also released QB E.J. Perry with a non-football injury designation.
- The Minnesota Vikings signed cornerback Andrew Booth and offensive lineman Ed Ingram to their rookie deals, the team announced Sunday. The Vikings now have their entire 2022 draft class under contract.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced Sunday the signing of fourth-round tight end Cade Otton to his rookie deal. Tampa Bay's entire 2022 draft class is now under contract.
- The Baltimore Ravens placed rookie wide receiver Devon Williams on the non-football injury list, per the transaction wire.
- The Detroit Lions placed rookie wide receiver Jameson Williams and Natrez Patrick on the non-football injury list, the team announced. The Lions traded up to select Williams with the No. 12 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft despite the Alabama product tearing his ACL in the CFP National Championship Game. Detroit also placed linebacker Romeo Okwara, defensive end Josh Paschal and cornerback Jerry Jacobs on the PUP list.
- Indianapolis Colts linebacker Shaquille Leonard begins camp on the PUP list after undergoing back surgery on June 7, as expected. The team also announced defensive end Tyquan Lewis, safety Rodney McLeod and wide receiver Michael Strachan have been placed on the PUP list. Colts defensive tackle Eric Johnson was placed on the non-football injury list.
- Los Angeles Rams linebacker Travin Howard was placed on the non-football injury list, the team announced. The Rams also placed wide receiver Warren Jackson, defensive back Quentin Lake and running back Kyren Williams on the PUP list.