Allen Hurns didn't take long to catch on with another team.
Rapoport reported Tuesday that the Cowboys would be parting ways with Hurns following just one season in Dallas that ended with a hard-to-watch ankle injury in the NFC Wild Card Round against the Seahawks.
By Rapoport's account, Hurns' ankle is ready to go and his quick signing by the Dolphins would support that.
Here is other roster news we're tracking Friday:
- Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins is off the physically unable to perform list and back at practice Friday.
Coach Mike Zimmer told the media that Hughes has a multi-ligament injury and is not ready for practice, while Stephen should not be out long.
- The Denver Broncos are signing wide receiver Nick Williams, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported, via a source. He played for the Rams and Titans last year and has 30 career receptions over five seasons. He previously played under Broncos OC Rich Scangarello in 2015 with the Falcons. The team later announced the signing.
- The Atlanta Falcons are signing former first-round pick linebacker Stephone Anthony, Rapoport reports.
- Tennessee Titans rookie receiver A.J. Brown left practice early after slipping and tweaking his hamstring during a team drill. He walked to the locker room under his own power and did not return to practice. After practice, coach Mike Vrabel described Brown's injury as "day-to-day."
- Denver Broncos offensive tackle Ja'Wuan James did not participate in Friday's practice. Head coach Vic Fangio said there's no reason to be concerned, and that he's dealing with a "lower-leg bruise."