Martinez is dealing with wrist and hand injuries, according to the team website. He practiced fully all week before Saturday's designation.
The linebacker, who hasn't missed a game over the last two seasons, leads the NFL with 76 tackles.
Here are other news items we're monitoring on Saturday:
- The New York Jets announced Saturday that they have downgraded tight end Chris Herndon (hamstring) to out against the Jaguars on Sunday.
- Philadelphia Eagles TE Zach Ertz successfully appealed the $28,075 fine he was initially given for an unnecessary roughness penalty against the Packers on Oct. 3, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. The fine has been fully rescinded.
- Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill was fined $10,527 for unsporstmanlike conduct against the Broncos in Week 7, per Pelissero. Hill made a peace sign at a defender on his way into the end zone.
- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ulysees Gilbert (back) was limited in practice on Saturday and joins linebacker Mark Barron (hamstring) and running back Jaylen Samuels (knee) as questionable for Monday night's game against the Dolphins.
- Miami Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard (knee) remains questionable for Monday night's game against the Steelers, while safety Reshad Jones (chest) and center Daniel Kilgore (knee) have been ruled out.
Defensive tackle Christian Wilkins has been fined $10,527 for throwing a punch in Week 7, per Rapoport. Wilkins was ejected for his actions.
- Atlanta Falcons RB Devonta Freeman was fined $14,037 for unsportsmanlike conduct, stemming from his ejection after a fight with Rams DT Aaron Donald, who was not fined, Pelissero reported.
- The Tennessee Titans on Saturday announced the promotion of WR Kalif Raymond and defensive back Kareem Orr to the active roster from the practice squad. Tennessee waived defensive linemanMatt Dickerson and RB Dalyn Dawkins.
- The Los Angeles Chargers announced left tackle Russell Okung (pulmonary embolism) has been activated for the first time this season. However, safety Nasir Adderely hamstring) has also been placed on injured reserve. The team announced both moves on Saturday.
- The Detroit Lions announced that LB Steve Longa has been promoted to the main roster from the practice squad. The team also announced it has released S Marcus Gilchrist.
- The Houston Texans have signed CB Cornell Armstrong to the active roster from the practice squad. In a corresponding move, the team waived CB Xavier Crawford from the active roster.