Denver is in the thick of the playoff race and getting a valuable reinforcement ahead of an important meeting with a division rival.
The Denver Broncos activated tackle Garett Bolles from the reserve/COVID-19 list, the team announced Thursday. Tackle Calvin Anderson was placed on injured reserve.
Bolles was placed on the COVID-19 list on Nov. 22 and missed the Broncos' most recent game, a win over the Los Angeles Chargers. He also missed Weeks 9 and 10 due to injury, making it a month since he's played.
With the Chiefs' pass rush coming into form in recent weeks, Bolles' return couldn't come at a better time for the Broncos, who trail Kansas City by just one game in the AFC West standings. The two squads face off Sunday night at Arrowhead Stadium.
In other Denver injury news, running back Melvin Gordon (hip) is 50-50 to play Sunday against Kansas City, coach Vic Fangio told reporters.
- Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray (ankle) and wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring) were each limited in practice on Thursday.
- Baltimore Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey (illness) did not practice Thursday.
- Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott told reporters that defensive tackle Star Lotulelei and offensive tackle Spencer Brown are "trending in a good direction" following their return from the team's reserve/COVID-19 list, per The Athletic. Lotulelei officially was limited at practice (illness), while Brown did not have a designation. Linebacker Matt Milano (shoulder) also was limited, and Reggie Gilliam (ankle) was a DNP.
- Chicago Bears quarterback Justin Fields (ribs) was limited in practice Thursday, while linebacker Roquan Smith (hamstring) and wide receiver Allen Robinson (hamstring) did not participate.
- The Dallas Cowboys activated defensive end Demarcus Lawrence from injured reserve and elevated safety Tyler Coyle from the practice squad as a COVID-19 replacement.
- Detroit Lions running back D'Andre Swift (shoulder) did not practice Thursday and offensive tackle Penei Sewell (illness) was limited.
- Houston Texans wide receiver Brandin Cooks did not practice for a second straight day due to illness.
- Jacksonville Jaguars running back James Robinson (heel/knee) was limited at practice Thursday.
- Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver DeSean Jackson has battled a calf injury this week and was limited Wednesday, but NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports the injury is believed to be minor. Las Vegas designated cornerback Trayvon Mullen for return from injured reserve.
- Los Angeles Chargers cornerback Asante Samuel Jr. did not practice due to a concussion.
- Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Odell Beckham (hip) did not practice Thursday. Beckham was limited on Wednesday, but L.A. head coach Sean McVay said earlier in the week he did not expect the injury to hinder Beckham's status for Sunday.
- The Minnesota Vikings activated defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara and tackle Terron Armstead and Ryan Ramczyk will not play Thursday night against the Cowboys, NFL Network's Jane Slater and Rapoport reported.
- New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones (neck) was a limited participant at Thursday's practice. Jones also was limited Wednesday. He is not expected to play against Miami, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday.
- Philadelphia Eagles running backs Jordan Howard (knee) and Boston Scott (illness) did not practice Thursday, while quarterback Jalen Hurts (ankle) was limited.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers placed linebacker Robert Spillane on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (pectoral/shoulder) returned to practice in a full capacity, while cornerback Joe Haden (foot) was a DNP once again.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers receiver Antonio Brown (ankle), pass rusher Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder) and safety Mike Edwards (knee) were not seen practicing Thursday. Pierre-Paul was a full participant Wednesday.
- The Washington Football Team placed cornerback Benjamin St-Juste on the reserve/injured list and activated cornerback Darryl Roberts from IR.
- The Las Vegas Raiders waived wide receiver Dillon Stoner. The team also signed safety Kavon Frazier to the practice squad and released tackle D.J. Fluker from the practice squad.
- The New Orleans Saints are signing offensive line Caleb Benenoch off their practice squad to the 53-man roster, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.
- The Washington Football Team is signing fullback Alex Armah to the practice squad, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.
- The New York Jets hosted kicker Eddy Pineiro, Rapoport reported per the transaction wire.