NFL.com keeps you up to date with all of the latest league news from around the NFL. Visit NFL.com's transaction hub for a daily breakdown.
(NOTE: Teams listed in alphabetical order.)
- DeMarcus Covington, current Patriots defensive line coach, is being requested for an interview for the Cardinals' vacant defensive coordinator job, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports, per a source.
- S Zayne Anderson signed a two-year contract, the team announced. Anderson has played in seven career games over two seasons with the Chiefs.
- The Panthers have agreed to terms with Thomas Brown, the Rams assistant head coach, to hire him as their offensive coordinator, NFL Network Insiders Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport report, per sources. The team confirmed the news later on Friday.
- Carolina has agreed to terms with Devin Fitzsimmons, who will join the Panthers as an assistant special teams coach.
- The Panthers agreed to terms with Tem Lukabu as the new outside linebackers coach.
- The Panthers agreed to terms with Bert Watts as the new safeties coach.
- DE Al-Quadin Muhammad is being released, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Muhammad will become a free agent and there will be interest in him, Rapoport added. Muhammad, who played four seasons previously with the Colts, made nine starts in 2022 for the Bears.
- LT Jonah Williams recently underwent knee surgery from Dr. Neal S. ElAttrache in Los Angeles, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports, per a source. Williams dislocated his kneecap this season and the procedure should keep it from happening again. Williams is expected to be fully cleared before June, per Rapoport.
- DE Joseph Ossai (shoulder) underwent surgery for a torn labrum he played through this season, per Rapoport.
- RB Aaron Jones and the Packers have agreed to reduce the running back's salary for the 2023 season, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source.
- Matt Nagy, a Chiefs senior assistant and QBs coach, is quickly emerging as the candidate to become the new offensive coordinator should Eric Bieniemy's hiring in Washington be completed, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports Friday, per a source.
- DL LaBryan Ray
- Matthew Slater, a special teams ace for the Patriots, will return for a 16th season in New England, the team announced.
- WR Keith Kirkwood signed to a one-year extension.
- QB Derek Carr is visiting the Jets on a free agent visit this weekend, NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported Friday, per a source.
- S C.J. Gardner-Johnson was fined $14,111 for lowering the head to initiate contact with the helmet of Chiefs RB Isiah Pacheco on a fourth-quarter play in Super Bowl LVII, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reports, per a source. Pelissero adds that Gardner-Johnson, who wasn't flagged on the play, will be appealing the fine, per his agent.
- Eric Bieniemy, longtime Chiefs offensive coordinator, is finalizing a deal to become the new OC in Washington, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero report, per a source. The deal should be made official by Saturday, Rapoport added.