Eagles wide receiver DeVonta Smith has a groin injury that will keep him out of practice on Thursday and is considered day to day.
Although the injury might not be considered serious, Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni said Smith had suffered "a little bit of wear and tear" and that the team was "being cautious" with him. Sirianni couldn't say when or how Smith's injury occurred.
Durability was a concern for the spindly Smith when he entered the NFL, but he played all 17 games last season and hardly missed any significant snaps in setting the franchise's rookie receiving record with 916 yards in 2021.
Other Eagles injuries include offensive tackles Andre Dillard and Jordan Mailata, who both were dealing with concussions and missed Thursday's practice, and WR Greg Ward, who was out with a toe injury.
- TE Zach Ertz left practice early due to a calf injury.
- WR Antoine Wesley (hip, groin) underwent an MRI and could be out around a week.
- TE Maxx Williams (knee) activated off PUP list.
- CB Marco Wilson is dealing with a groin injury.
- LB Vince Biegel tore his Achilles in practice and will miss the season, head coach John Harbaugh announced. After playing in 15 games with 10 starts for the Dolphins in 2019, Biegel has played in only five games since due to injuries.
- OL Tyler Linderbaum, who the Ravens selected 25th overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, left practice early with a trainer, but head coach John Harbaugh said Linderbaum "is going to be fine."
- S Jordan Poyer (elbow) will not practice Thursday and is one or two weeks away from a return, per Sean McDermott. The Bills coach wouldn't commit to Poyer being ready for Week 1.
- WR Dontario Drummond activated off PUP list.
- OL Tom Compton was placed on physically unable to perform list.
- DB C.J. Moore activated off PUP list.
- OT Prince Tega Wanogho activated off PUP list.
- S Minkah Fitzpatrick returned to practice after he was activated off the NFI list. Fitzpatrick missed the start of training camp after hurting his wrist after falling off his bike.
- TE Jordan Matthews (ACL) was placed on injured reserve.
- OL Daniel Munyer was placed on injured reserve.
- Signed WR Marcell Ateman.
- Released OL Eric Smith.
- Waived LS Thomas Fletcher.
- Signed WR Darrius Shepherd.
- Signed WR Austin Trammell.
- Waived injured TE Kyle Markaway.
- Expected to sign LB Kiko Alonso, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Alonso, 31, hasn't played since the 2019 season when he appeared in 13 games for New Orleans.
- Announced TE Chris Herndon signing.
- Waived TE Brandon Dillon.
- Claimed DB Nate Meadors off waivers.
- WR Diontae Johnson is signing a two-year, $36.71 million contract extension, NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported.
- Signed OL Willie Wright.
- Signed DB Terrell Bonds.
- Waived injured DB Chris Williamson.
- Signed DB De'Vante Bausby.
- RB Rico Dowdle tested positive for COVID-19 and will be forced to isolate for a minimum of five days.
- Hosted defensive back Vernon Hargreaves.
- Hosted offensive tackle Kendall Lamm.
- Hosted quarterback James Morgan.
NFL+ gives you the freedom to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and prime-time regular-season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand and more! Wherever you are, this is how you football! Learn more about NFL+.